Wednesday, March 19, 2008
I finally got back into the studio to do some weaving. I put on enough warp for four baby blankets. So much for good calculations, I thought I had only enough for three and a little bit. I have a bunch of 1/3 or 2/3rds of blankets. I am planning to some day maybe do a patchwork blanket out the the short pieces.
Here are pictures with more detail of two of the blankets:
I used mostly cotton for the warp and synthetic baby yarn for the weft. It gives a nice hand to the blankets.
I am currently planning hand towels with some sort of huck motifs. Also I still working on "The Complete Book of Drafting for Handweavers" by Madelyn Van Der Hoogt with three other weaving friends. We've gotten to the Tied Weaves chapter.