Sunday, February 17, 2013

February Towels

Now that the holidays are over and my 24 +/- samples are finished, I can get back to the loom and perhaps finished the 12 sets of towels from the Calendar project.  I decided to work on the February picture.  After considering the colors I chose originally, I changed a few. 


 The original set of colors is on the left.  I changed the blue to a lighter shade and got rid of the pink and added a very light blue.  The orangey color was swapped for a bright gold. 

The old combination might have worked but these do look good together.




                                           The warp before any weaving has been done.


The yarn is 10/2 perle cotton sett at 24 epi and woven around 24 ppi.  These towels are threaded to a regular 8-shaft point and woven with a 1-1-1-1-2-2 twill pattern. 


Here is the first towel woven - with rust weft. 









Here is the towel using the silver from the warp.

1 comment:

mormor said...

So beutiful they are.
Best wishes from Monika in Sweden.