Saturday, May 12, 2012

Blanket From the Stash

I have been holding on to some cotton/nylon yarn that I bought ages ago.  I tried to swap/sell it at a local event, but there were no takers.  A member of my weaving discussion group said it would work well for baby blankets.  

So I took a break from towels and thought I would weave up a couple. I miscalculated and thought I wouldn't have enough yarn for more than one blanket.

  Wrong (Oh well.)  I have enough for at least 1 or 2 more.  But I'm kind of glad I only made one. 

I used a Bernat "Softee" acrylic for the weft which was super soft.  Fortunately since the warp wasn't very soft.  It feels OK, but not great.  The warp yarn was very stretchy and a little hard to warp.
But it's almost finished, so now I can find a good home for the rest of the yarn.  :-)

No comments: