Saturday, February 11, 2012

Another Month - More Towels

Now that the holidays are over, I can refocus and start working on another set of "Calendar" towels. This color scheme is inspired by the July picture. I did change the colors used slightly from this original set. I added a little dark green and eliminated two of the yellows. I think they will look pretty good.
My plan is to use an extended point twill for the threading. I am comintuing to use the 1-1-1-1-2-3 twill design for the treadling. This is partly laziness - getting under the loom to re-chain is harder than it used to be - And I do like the result. It's a little more complicated that a regular 2-2 twill but with a smooth texture.
I'm looking forward to seeing how these will turn out.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I really do like those colors, but then yellow and blue have been favorites since I was in high school. I'm not crazy about being under the loom either and find I'm influenced by standard tie-up patterns.

Ingrid said...

This has been a great project for me for a lot of reasons, but one big reason is that I really liked the colors in almost all of the calendar pictures. There is one that is mostly kelly green with bright yellow. I think that one might beone of the last sets. I might have to get very creative with that.

I really am liking this 1-1-1-1-2-3 twill (I think that's right). So I haven't felt that compelled to change the tie up. There is enough variation with the threading that I'm not bored.