As with last year, I am late again for the Complex Weavers 24 +/- Study Group samples to be finished. I had great intentions last year when I was madly weaving to get the samples finished. I even knew what I would be weaving for this year's exchange. Last year I created a design playing around with the tie-up and created something that looked good to me using a straight point threading.
The plan this year was to use the same tie-up but pair it with a network-type threading. I decided to use 20/2 pearl cotton so that I could have a more complicated threading and still keep the repeat width small enough so that I could give at least one repeat per swatch in the exchange. I used alternating natural and yellow warp threads to make the warp a little more interested and a green-blue (UKI Duck) in the weft. (This picture doesn't look anythig like the true colors.)
I know the picture isn't fabulous, but I am kind of liking the pattern. It has taken me longer to get the beat correct. I think with the finer yarn, it is easier to beat too hard. I threadedthe warp at 32 epi and am trying to beat at 32 ppi. This is made a little easier because coincidentally the pattern repeat is 32 ends.
I am hoping to finish in the next day or so - since they are due this week. Nothing like a little pressure to help get a project finished...